Friday, March 25, 2011

Gwen Stefani Donates $1 Million To Japan For Earthquake And Tsunami Relief

This week, Gwen Stefani donated $1 million to Save the Children's Japan Earthquake-Tsunami Children in Emergency Fund. Basically, Gwen was like, "If I Was A Rich Girl (and I am, thankfully), I'd donate a massive amount of money to help people in need." And it was totally dope of her.
"I've been inspired by Japan for many years and have a true love, appreciation and respect for the Japanese people and their culture. The disaster in Japan is beyond heartbreaking, and I want to do anything I can to help," Gwen Stefani said via a statement on No Doubt's blog"I would never be able to make a gesture like this without the love and support of all the fans over all these years."The L'Oreal spokeswoman is also selling a limited-edition t-shirt from her Harajuku Lovers line, available next week at the No Doubt website. Proceeds from her T-shirt will also benefit the fund.
We're always in awe of and inspired by Gwen Stefani, and her donation to people in need only inspires us more. If you're inspired to help, check out Act.MTV.com for ways to aid in the earthquake and tsunami relief effort in Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment