Saturday, March 26, 2011

Russell Brand almost proposed to Katy Perry on their first date

The British funnyman was instantly smitten with the 26-year-old singer ' who he married in October 2010 ' when they first went out together in September 2009 and said his feelings for her were like a 'hit of acid' in the way they distorted his perception.
Russell ' who has a history of drink and drug addiction - said: "I nearly asked her to marry me on our first date. It was like a hit of acid, a wave of confusion, emerging from under the water, a moment of 'Oh bloody hell', different perception for a moment. And then I thought, 'I'll give it space and see what happens.' "

Russell, 35, admitted he is 'fascinated' by his wife and loves her intellect, innocence and the contradictions within her personality.

He told America's Elle magazine: "It's the most normal relationship I've ever had with anybody. She's very spirited, bighearted, innocent, but very, very smart.

'Someone told me that enlightenment is contingent upon being able to hold opposing views simultaneously. I'm actually attracted to that magnetism and sort of repulsion. She's endlessly fascinating.

' was at a point in my life where I was ready to behave. I look at it the way I look at most things, One day at a time. I will say it's very, very rewarding and I love her."

No comments:

Post a Comment