Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Various Artists - 'Hope Floats' Soundtrack

The Bottom Line

One of the best soundtracks available, putting together country music artists with rock artists, this CD is not to be missed.
 

Pros

  • "To Make You Feel My Love" - Garth Brooks version
  • "Chances Are" - Bob Segar and Martina McBride
  • "To Get Me To You" - Lila McCann

Cons

  • Jonell Mosser's slow version of the classic "Stop In The Name Of Love"

Description

  • Soundtrack to the popular movie
  • Has two versions of "To Make You Feel My Love," one by Trisha Yearwood and one by Garth Brooks
  • Double platinum for over 2 million albums sold

Guide Review - Various Artists - 'Hope Floats' Soundtrack

When I heard Garth Brooks' version of the Bob Dylan song "To Make You Feel My Love," I knew I had to have that song on CD. At the time of release, the only place to get the Garth song was on the Hope Floats soundtrack. I bought it the day it came out and was happy I did so. The soundtrack is not any one trick pony, for the whole CD sounds excellent with a potent mix of rock and country songs. The duet between Bob Seger and Martina McBride was simply genius. I don't know who put these two together, but their powerful voices are so great together that I'm amazed Martina hasn't put together a duet CD yet.
Lila McCann's song, "To Get Me To You" (written by Diane Warren), is a wonderful power ballad that should have been a big hit.
The ending track, Trisha Yearwood's version of "To Make Me Feel Your Love," is also such a great track that I'm glad that it graced the CD. To hear her soaring voice sing that well-written song is simply awesome.
The great thing about soundtracks like this one is that many times these compilations are the only place you can get the songs that appear on them. The songs by Deana Carter, Trisha Yearwood, Lila McCann, Martina McBride, Whiskeytown (featuring Ryan Adams), and Jonell Mosser are some that don't appear anywhere else. Other artists appearing on the CD are Bryan Adams, Sheryl Crow, The Rolling Stones, Gillian Welch, Lyle Lovett, and The Mavericks.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment