Friday, April 8, 2011

'Pretty Little Liars' Star Ashley Benson Recalls Her First Date

On "Pretty Little Liars," Ashley Benson's character Hanna has already been through her fair share of love interests — and it's only the first season. But in real life, when Benson was still in high school, she wasn't so smooth when it came to dating.
On this week's episode of "When I Was 17," airing Saturday at 11 a.m. on MTV, the TV star admits that on her first date, she made a major faux pas. "He took me to this sushi restaurant. I acted like, 'Oh my gosh! I love sushi, yes, this is so awesome,' " she says in the all-female episode, which also features tales from La La Vazquez and Brittany Snow. "That was really my first sushi experience." 
Benson certainly did have enough opportunities to practice her sushi game, but, as her pal recalls, she never did. "I do remember we had sushi Wednesdays in the cafeteria," Darren recalled. "And I don't think she ate it. ... I am not surprised that she lied about that. We all tell little white lies here and there to impress guys and girls."
So Benson tried to play it cool, but didn't play it cool enough. "I get there, and I'm like, 'So what's cool on the menu? So what rolls do you get?' " she explained. "And he's like, 'Well, what do you like?' and I was like, 'Well, I really like this one,' California roll, 'cause it seemed the most normal."
I kind of acted like I had eaten sushi a lot before and never did," she continued. "I was eating sushi and it had seaweed in it, and I got seaweed caught in my teeth. I'm trying to act like nothing is wrong. He was just staring at me. It was not cute. I totally embarrassed myself. ... The date kind of went well after that, because he became my boyfriend and it was a very cool relationship."

No comments:

Post a Comment